Project Action Team Meeting
Click here to read an invitation to this event from Teen Peace Project Facilitator Kassi Reisbeck.
_________________________________________________________________Back to Top_
Date: Friday, March 24th
Time: 5:30 - 7:00pm
Location: For Goodness Sake
Letter from Teen Peace Project Facilitator Kassi Reisbeck:
Dear Community Member,
As part of our strategic community-wide efforts to reduce teen dating and intimate partner violence, while promoting healthy relationships, the Truckee High School Teen Peace Project, in partnership with Tahoe SAFE Alliance is creating a Project Action Team. We are inviting members of our Truckee-Tahoe community that exhibit the positive aspects and values we hope to find within our community. The Project Action Team will work in collaboration with the youth leadership team, Teen Peace Project, in building awareness and capacity around supporting activities, positive coping skills and overall wellbeing for members of the community.
The time commitment will be minimal and the focus will be on creating tangible action plans towards a community where intimate partner violence is not tolerated and healthy relationships thrive. Although the commitment is as much or little as you want, the outcome will be rewarding and worthwhile, working together to establish a safer and healthier community.
As an agency, Tahoe SAFE Alliance believes violence is a learned behavior, therefore it can be unlearned. It’s time to come together and create the change we want to see in Truckee. These meetings are a chance to get to know your community and the people in it, as well as to make a violence free community a reality.
To work towards our common goals, we would be honored if you would join us on Friday March 24th from 5:30-7:00 pm @ For Goodness Sake for our first Project Action Team meeting. Please RSVP at email@example.com so we can have an accurate count to provide a free dinner for attendees.
Kassi Reisbeck, Community Education and Prevention Educator
Teen Peace Project Facilitator
Some Favorite Quotes:
1. If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.
2. Gratitude is the memory of the heart. ~Jean Baptiste Massieu, translated from French
3. I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ~G.K. Chesterton
4. For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all. ~William Faulkner
6. Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward
___________________________________________________________Back to Top