Buddhist Chanting with Matthew
Date: Friday, December 9th
Immerse yourself in the sound of ancient and modern Buddhist Mantras and Chants. Matthew will play gentle melodies on the guitar and present each chant slowly, in order that everyone can follow along. Many of the Chants are cut directly from the source, while others have been adapted to modern melodies. The Chants are easy to follow and we will chant them over and over, allowing each participant time to familiarize and chant along. All ages and skill levels are welcome!
_________________________________________________________________Back to Top_
Some Favorite Quotes:
1. If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.
2. Gratitude is the memory of the heart. ~Jean Baptiste Massieu, translated from French
3. I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ~G.K. Chesterton
4. For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all. ~William Faulkner
6. Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward
___________________________________________________________Back to Top