Project Mana Food Drive at FGS
Living in the World but Not Being of It:
Join FGS facilitator and meditation teacher, Leisa Peterson for a mini-meditation retreat. During these two sessions, we will explore what it means to live in the world but not be of it. Click here for more details.
"Wake up" - The Generation waking up experience
For Ages 14-30
The Generation Waking Up Experience - called a “WakeUp” for short - is an interactive, multimedia workshop about the challenges & opportunities of our time, and inspires participants to take meaningful action toward a thriving, just, sustainable world. Click here for more info.
Better than Sex - The ecstatic art of awakening coaching with Arjuna Ardagh
Date: Friday, January 17th
Join FGS facilitator and meditation teacher, Leisa Peterson for a mini-meditation retreat.
During these two sessions, we will explore what it means to live in the world but not be of it. This concept that derives from biblical interpretation is profound but can be difficult to understand and put into practical application. This retreat will focus on exploring this teaching through discussion and extensive meditation (non-denominational.) By increasing our understanding and finding relevancy of this statement to our personal and professional lives we open the door to learning more about ourselves and the world we live in. Please join us for this special opportunity.
Everyone is welcome. Meditation experience is helpful but not required. Suggested donation of $20. Lunch included on Saturday.
Please call For Goodness Sake to register.
The Generation Waking Up Experience - called a “WakeUp” for short - is an interactive, multimedia workshop about the challenges & opportunities of our time, and inspires participants to take meaningful action toward a thriving, just, sustainable world.
Whether it be social entrepreneurship ventures, community service projects, or hard-hitting advocacy campaigns, the WakeUp has inspired collaborative action by young people around the globe.
Since its launch in 2010, young people have brought the WakeUp to at least 12 countries including the United States, China, Mexico, India, Kenya, Australia, Egypt, Germany, and Brazil. Thousands have experienced it and over 150 are now trained as WakeUp Facilitators.
A Powerful Tool for Inspired Action
Through music, powerful videos, dynamic group processes, and active conversations, participants explore the critical questions facing society today:
- Who Are We as a generation coming of age in these times?
- Where Are We as a global society around key challenges of environmental sustainability, social justice, and human thriving?
- What Has To Change in the way we see ourselves, each other, and our world, if we want to create a world that works for all?
- What Do We Do Now, given all this? What is our unique role in creating a better world, as individuals and as a generation?
In 2-4 hours, participants find a new sense of identity and purpose, as members of a generation and a movement that can transform our world. Please call For Goodness Sake to register for this event.
Visit http://genup.net/programs/wakeup to learn more about GenUp
Some Favorite Gratitude Quotes:
1. What fun it is to create your own unique expression of gratitude!
2. If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice.
3. Gratitude is the memory of the heart. ~Jean Baptiste Massieu, translated from French
4. I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. ~G.K. Chesterton
5. For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all. ~William Faulkner
7. Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward
___________________________________________________________Back to Top