We have a special kids room here at For Goodness Sake
and this comes with a great selection of children's books that are available to
check out from the library, or you may sit on the rocking chair and read to your child / children anytime.
AND, join us for the..
Self run by Parents
Wednesdays from 5-6pm
Mindful parenting is about moment-to-moment, openhearted and non-judgmental awareness. It’s about seeing our children as they are, not as we want them to be. Simply put, it means paying attention to what is happening right now in your life. With mindfulness, we can learn to respond rather than react and approach parenting with more awareness and clarity.
Please join other parents in conversation about how we can support each other in becoming more present and mindful parents. This group will be self-run by parents and will involve reading books and sharing tools to help us approach parenting with curiosity, humor, compassion and awareness.
Babysitting and snacks for the children will be provided so you can take time to focus on yourself while knowing your child is engaged in fun activities. See Calendar for schedule.
Each month you can highlight a virtue - a quality of good character - that you may want to read, talk about, watch for in others and put into practice with your child. Choose a couple of books that would be your books of the month. These books can be used to start up a natural discussion and focus for your child about the character quality. We have a beautiful and growning selection of childrens books in our library here at For Goodness Sake, which you are welcome to browse through.
- Create a comfortable place together to read and talk
- Decide on a special time during the week to be with each other for reading and sharing.
- ALWAYS ask your child to tell you what they learned from the story.
- NEVER tell your child what they should have learned from the story. It’s more fun to hear what they have discovered from it!
- Be consistent in reading and discussing good character qualities with your child so they can learn and grow with your help!
Questions That Spark Discussion!
- How did the characters in the book express this month’s virtue?
- Would you or your child have done anything differently if you were one of the characters?
- When have you and your child expressed the featured virtue?
- How are you and your child going to express the virtue today, tomorrow, this month, this year…?
or ... make your own questions that make your discussion connect more with your child’s age and interests!
Thanks for checking us out!
Be sure to check our website often to see what events, programs and workshops we are providing to nurture both parents and children alike here at For Goodness Sake!
1.Fun Games and Puzzles:
2. Judaism for Children:
3. Christianity & Bible Study websites for children:
4. All Religions for Children:
5. Hinduism for Children:
6. Buddhism for Children:
7. Islam for Children: