We have a special kids room here at For Goodness Sake
and this comes with a great selection of children's books that are available to
check out from the library, or you may sit on the rocking chair and read to your child / children anytime.
Each month you can highlight a virtue - a quality of good character - that you may want to read, talk about, watch for in others and put into practice with your child. Choose a couple of books that would be your books of the month. These books can be used to start up a natural discussion and focus for your child about the character quality. We have a beautiful and growning selection of childrens books in our library here at For Goodness Sake, which you are welcome to browse through.
- Create a comfortable place together to read and talk
- Decide on a special time during the week to be with each other for reading and sharing.
- ALWAYS ask your child to tell you what they learned from the story.
- NEVER tell your child what they should have learned from the story. It’s more fun to hear what they have discovered from it!
- Be consistent in reading and discussing good character qualities with your child so they can learn and grow with your help!
Questions That Spark Discussion!
- How did the characters in the book express this month’s virtue?
- Would you or your child have done anything differently if you were one of the characters?
- When have you and your child expressed the featured virtue?
- How are you and your child going to express the virtue today, tomorrow, this month, this year…?
or ... make your own questions that make your discussion connect more with your child’s age and interests!
Thanks for checking us out!
Be sure to check our website often to see what events, programs and workshops we are providing to nurture both parents and children alike here at For Goodness Sake!
If you are interested in facilitating a class for children and/or parents, please contact us with details.
1.Fun Games and Puzzles:
2. Judaism for Children:
3. Christianity & Bible Study websites for children:
4. All Religions for Children:
5. Hinduism for Children:
6. Buddhism for Children:
7. Islam for Children: